Tuesday 8 February 2011

Interim Critique

This afternoon, I attended the critique set up for my book cover group China.
I've come away from it not feeling too confident in my ideas and that everyone else seems to be ahead with their ideas and concepts.


When we were taking critique from each other, I found that no-one had much criticism of my work or anyone else's work - Everyone is too kind for their own good! This made me have false confidence when we were having a group discussion about the work. I felt like my work had the most to work on, it didn't really have much to do with China which I had realised and knew I needed to improve but there was so much more that I need to bring into it.


Here are some of the main points I need to focus on:
  • Do China have salt and pepper shakers?
  • Knife and Fork idea, do the Chinese know we eat like this? Is it obvious it is an American Diner?
  • China colours, what does black mean?
  • Introduction of a third character?
  • Thinking about thin, sans serif fonts for the cover.
  • Thinking about rivers in the blurb, justify text.
  • Ying and Yang?
Comments made were that I needed to do more research, I believe that I have done a lot of research so far but I need to be more specific now. Or maybe I've just been doing the wrong kind of research for the project. Perhaps I should look over what I have done so far and think what else needs doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment