Thursday 21 October 2010

When opportunities arise, you have to take them!

In A-Level Art, I had opportunities to visit places of inspiration for projects. I felt this benefited me for the work I was doing at the time, and for the future. I visited Barcelona in October 2008 where I went to the famous galleries and saw Gaudi's work. I found The Picasso Gallery particularly interesting because it allowed me to see all the aspects of his life and see how he grew as an artist. I believe this was inspiring visit that will influenced my future design.


On this visit, we had to keep little sketchbooks about the galleries and our findings. At the end of the trip we handed these in for the teachers to look at and I won a sketchbook prize for having one of the best sketchbooks.


Outside the Joan Miro Gallery in Barcelona.
Fountains in Barcelona - Nice combination of music and lights.
I visited London twice with school, the first time in March 2008 and the second in July 2009. Whilst in London, on the way to Harrods i just came across an interesting window display.
Links into the lecture by Simon about nature and bringing it into design, discovering that all design can form from nature even if you do have to strip it down to it's barest roots.








I like the visual impact this window display creates, it gives a sense 
of the mannequins being tangled up in the curvy wood that represents 
wind. Perhaps this allows potential customers to imagine themselves 
being free in the clothes, much like the rest of the window display.







No comments:

Post a Comment