Tuesday 26 October 2010

New Ryvita Packaging

Well... I thought it was new anyway!
After researching the new packaging I realised it was just the new advertising campaign they've put on TV, originally, the new packaging came out in July 2009 but I've only just started noticing it now. Which I suppose is good because they're bringing in new customers slowly but it can also be a bad thing as people are only starting to be attracted to it a year later.



This is the old style of packaging used in adverts along with Fern Britton, the idea being that Ryvita was 'Simple but Honest'. The brand is the first thing you see on the packaging, along with the colours representing the different flavours.



This is the new packaging designed by William Murray Hamm. He was asked not to use product shot but show the different ways in which it can be eaten. I love the way a little message replaces the Ryvita as it is already a well known brand and this design definitely pushes the boundaries on it. The advert along with the packaging reinforces the idea of 'lady lunches' showing a variety of ways they can be eaten - reflecting the packaging. It's one of those ideas that makes me think wow, that is such a clever and unique idea - I wonder how they thought of it. Maybe I should start looking at ideas like this and apply them to my own work?

No comments:

Post a Comment