Wednesday 3 November 2010

Day Trip to Birmingham

As part of the project, we took a day trip to Birmingham for photo opportunities around the city. It was a good chance to explore a new unfamiliar city with a camera and take some interesting photographs - as well as completing a project in a day!


I think with the amount of photographs I took, I had plenty of choice for each of the categories in the photo collage. These pictures will definitely be useful in any aspect of projects in the future. Here are some of the ones I find interesting from the day out:


A low angle shot of the group, the first picture task on the list


Found this interesting, looks like some sort of printing technique
but I bet it is paint, very well painted though.
Milk Street, thought it was funny for some reason!

The figures were hanging from the ceiling but this photograph
has turned them into silhouettes which is interesting..


Cars all mashed up into blocks, this was the entrance into
a spare parts company


Capturing the shape of the Bull Ring.


A nice close up, can still see the curves and shapes that the
building makes


Inside the building, they made a Christmas Tree using Picture
Frames, interesting idea.

All these photographs show what kind of photographs I was taking on the day, I looked for interesting opportunities where you least expect them, for instance in the shopping centre. I feel this day was very valuable to my studies, (as well as fun to have a photograph scavenger hunt) and has inspired me to visit more places in the UK and take photographs of things and places that interest me.

No comments:

Post a Comment