Saturday 20 November 2010

Bit of reflection from the last project...

Visual Communication.
Starting a new project always reminds me of a new year at school - a new pencil case, school bag and new clothes. It's a fresh start where all the influences and problems from the previous project can be forgotten.


In the last module I struggled with the methodologies project. I could not get my head around using different methods that I am not used to and ending up with the same sort of outcome - due to each project still influencing ideas for the others. I didn't like being frustrated with a project, particularly the tools/technology section where I came out with 3 A3 pages which I class as not enough work for a project.
  
Before starting the methodologies project I knew I was a conceptual worker, I feel the need to research around projects before my ideas start to form. However, I did discover another methodology that seemed to work for me - Materials. Using cookies to formulate ideas made the ideas flow.




Just a few ideas I conjured up whilst playing about with different shapes of cookies and chocolate icing.



No comments:

Post a Comment