Monday 22 November 2010

Add+Vantage Module..

When first choosing my Add+Vantage Module I thought that taking Professional Writing would help improve my grammar and writing style, then I went to the first session and one of the first things the tutor said was:


"This is not a lesson in Grammar or spelling"


I then sat there for 2 hours thinking why on earth did I choose this!
When I came out of the session I decided to have another look at what other modules were on offer, suggestions had been made by Phil that students should maybe look at photography, presentation skills or how to work with creatives. The photography module was already over-filled and I didn't really fancy the presentation skills so I opted for how to work with creatives. I think this will be useful for when I start my placement as I will be able to interpret briefs better and understand the creative process that goes on in a business. Not only will it help next year, it will help me when I get into the business, I will already have some background knowledge with dealing with creatives and handling myself there.


Hopefully I will have made the right choice and will really benefit from taking the module.
I definitely feel a lot better about my choice of changing modules.

No comments:

Post a Comment