Wednesday 9 March 2011

What a good morning!

This morning me and my group in Add+Vantage presented our campaign against cheap ugg boots. I was feeling quite nervous, mainly because I felt that our presentation wasn't right. Then, as soon as our tutor said: "Oh you're doing it about uggs? I'm going to enjoy this" I soon relaxed and thought we would be ok.






After doing the presentation, there was little feedback from the rest of the class, but when asked they said they enjoyed it. Our tutor said that it was a very good presentation, very well presented and that we'd done some good research around the subject. I am pleased with the feedback considering my feelings at the beginning of the presentation. I felt like our group worked well together and we were all allocated different sections of the presentation - even though I was not completely happy with mine, I made it work and made it seem like a lot of work. I also used the version that I had saved with animations done by me and Miheala instead of the one our 'leader' which she was not happy about, even at the end of the presentation when she knew that we had done well? This goes to show what was more important to her - being in control, whereas I am more than happy to have just done well for the whole team. I have to write a statement about the team work and think I will be writing a little hint about her 'leadership' skills.


Later on in the morning, I went to a surgery session with Phil that I signed up for just before my presentation. I felt this was a more proactive way of gaining some advice on my designs. We discussed about how I could take the salt and pepper concept in my work and develop it more so that it is more understandable to the Chinese market. The advice seemed to be simple ideas that I would never have thought about doing, but this is the benefits of having feedback sessions. I came out of the session with lots of new ideas which will allow me to continue on with my work as I've been feeling quite stuck with it.


So overall, I feel like this was a good morning, lets hope the rest of the day pans out the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment