Friday 11 March 2011

Computer Session on Photoshop

In today's computer session, we had our second lesson of the year in Photoshop. Before the lesson, I thought I was alright at Photoshop after teaching some of the things to myself through trial and error. After the lesson i've realised how teaching myself has made me sloppy with creating things and not technically correct in Photoshop.


Today we had to create a scene of a snooker table with subtle lighting and a mood set. It's a bit unusual to be creating an image in Photoshop, but in a way we were able to create lighting and mood which I do not know if you can do in other programs like illustrator. I think this session was a definite wake up call that I need more technical lessons in Photoshop.


Here is the image I created:


I found it hard to think about the balls in perspective, which is something I need to work on with my designing. Overall, I believe I followed the instructions well and having some previous Photoshop knowledge allowed me to quickly locate the commands. This lesson was really useful as before, I believed that the only way to create good quality images was to use Illustrator. Also, it may allow me to create the image for my website pages in Photoshop rather than Illustrator, depending on which i'm more comfortable with.

No comments:

Post a Comment