Friday 25 March 2011

Reflection of the latest project

Today I handed in the work for the module, Design in Context. 
I felt that in the end, the module went well, it was all handed in on time and I even got an early night last night because I completed all the work yesterday afternoon! I never finish work early, It was weird because I felt like I should be trying harder but in a way it was rewarding because I knew that I was working whenever I could because I was enjoying it - That is the main thing.


I feel like in this module I have worked harder, when i've got in from a lecture I haven't had the money to go out shopping or to get food so i've stayed in watched tele and worked. Another good thing that I started doing in this module was coming up with lots of ideas for one concept, this gave me plenty of choice and chances to improve my design. I have also spent more time in the studio, which meant I was getting a lot of feedback which again, improved my designs.


As for the essay, at the time I did not appreciate how much it would help me, but the last few days when I was proof reading it I saw how I had formed my opinions and why. It goes to show how much I am emerging as a designer - being able to form opinions related to modern design. I found it hard to keep within the word limit of 1, 650, I had so much more to say and felt a bit restricted, like I had to shorten what I was saying to get to the point. But I believe that you can't get to the point without explanation and evidence.


Overall, the module went well and I am looking forward to the results in the next few weeks, I am hoping for an equal amount as last time, at the least. Otherwise I will not have improved?

No comments:

Post a Comment